Homemade Ranch Mix for Dips or Dressing



As you guys know I have been making my own spice blends.  When you get to know me well you will learn that I like to control what I eat.  I do not like a lot of preservatives.  That is why I love knowing that I can make almost anything you can purchase at the store. 

I normally have a pack of ranch dip/dressing mix in my cupboard.  I like keeping certain things on hand in case I need to make something quick.  Recently, I made Mississippi Pot Roast and while we loved the idea of the flavor it was just too salty.  Again that got me thinking how to cut down the sodium in another recipe.  Which of course brought to mind making my own seasoning packets.  So, I decided to give a try at making homemade ranch seasoning. 




The best thing about this recipe is the fact I have almost all the ingredients on hand, which makes this a very frugal recipe.  I did say ALMOST everything on hand, which means I did not have dry buttermilk powder.  I had no clue where to find this because the last time I looked I could not find it in the store.  So, lazy me (I am NOT lazy) went online to Walmart and bought it online for pick up at the store.  Since it was available/in-stock at the store it was ready for me to pick up within hours.  Honestly, I stay so busy I did not want to waste time hunting down this product.  However, now I know where to find it in the store, so to save you some time look where they keep the powdered milk.  That is where you will find dry buttermilk powder.  WOW is that not simple and a no-brainer?  Well, now you know.  LOL, That statement is a joke in my husband's family.  I like using it because it always catches him off guard and makes him laugh.  




Ranch Mix

Ingredients 

  • 2/3 cup buttermilk powder
  • 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
  • 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
  • 1 1/2 tbsp dried onion flakes
  • 3 tsp dill weed
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp kosher or sea salt
Directions
  • Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together with a whisk
  • Store in an airtight container


You can use this mix in many different ways.  Three tablespoons will equal one store-bought packet.  Not only can you use this as a dip or dressing, I enjoy using it when I make potatoes.  Of course, the entire reason I decided to make this mix was for the Mississippi pot roast which I plan on making again next week.  You know what that means, Mississippi Pot Roast coming soon on my blog.



Please if you like this recipe or think you will try it soon, make a comment and/or post a picture.  At the top of my blog you can subscribe, that way you will get notified of new posts.  

Enjoy!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS