CARAMEL COFFEE SYRUP ~ A YUMMY SYRUP FOR YOUR COFFEE


I like coffee a lot but in the winter I also love hot tea.  With warm weather approaching it makes me think of iced coffee.  Now I LOVE iced coffee.  BUT it has to be warm or hot weather for me to truly enjoy it. 

Scott challenges me every year to find a way to cut our expenses.  I normally am successful.  What he does not realize is how I cut things on a monthly or even a weekly basis by DIY things.   Making things yourself versus buying store-bought versions is just SO much better for you.  You are able to cut down on preservatives and additives.  I love knowing just what is in my food. 

A week or so back I posted a recipe for Dulce De Leche and it is so amazingly awesome.  It tastes so creamy and yummy.  It is almost an addiction at this point.  I "take" a spoonful every once in a while just because I can.  The best thing about homemade is that it is not just sickly sweet.

I have always been interested in making coffee syrups and found a great recipe to make a caramel syrup.  The best thing is I already have all the ingredients. Score!

All it really is a simple syrup that is flavored.  I know you have sugar and water.  OK, you may not have the Dulce De Leche but again you can make it or buy some in the store.  It is that simple.  

CARAMEL COFFEE SYRUP

Ingredients
  • 1 C water
  • 1 C sugar
  • 1/3 C dulce de leche or caramel syrup
Directions
  • Pour water and sugar into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.  
  • Reduce heat to a simmer and allow to simmer 15 minutes.
  • Pour in dulce de leche and mix well.
  • Pour into a container.

As summer continues to approach I plan on making some other syrups so please keep watch.  

~ Vanilla Syrup
~ Brown Sugar Cinnamon 

If you would like a special syrup made let me know and I will be glad to feature it.

I bet this would make a good Mother's Day gift too.  You have a week until then to make some.


Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS