COFFEE SCRUB CUBES ~ MOTHER'S DAY SERIES

As you guys know I hate waste and I love to recycle anything and everything I am capable of doing. Therefore, we keep our coffee grounds for our garden but this time I took some to make a scrub cube I can use on my body.  

Did you know coffee is excellent for your skin?  Yep, it sure is.  It helps to exfoliate and energize your skin.  I mean we all know what the caffeine in coffee does when we drink it but I had no clue how it can be used as a scrub and do similar things for your skin.

It also is a great way to reduce the appearance of cellulite.  I am not saying it is a cure-all for pesky cellulite but it does help with the temporary appearance.  

Next time you make a pot or cup of coffee do NOT throw out those grounds.  Instead, make a coffee scrub.  Plus with Mother's Day being Sunday you can whip up a batch of these for the mom in your life that would appreciate something heartfelt and homemade.  

COFFEE COCONUT SCRUB CUBES

Ingredients
  • Used dried coffee grounds
  • Coconut oil
Directions
  • You need equal parts of coffee grounds and coconut oil.
  • Melt your coconut oil for about 30 seconds in the microwave just to help it mix better with your coffee grounds.
  • Combine both ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
  • Divide mixture into ice cube trays or small paper cups. 
  • Once they are set you are ready to release them and use them.
Another easy peasy recipe to make.  Is it not great to save money and make things with repurposed ingredients?  Plus you guys know how I love the chemical free stuff and what better way by making it yourself?  Better yet this really smells so good when you apply it to your skin.  Just be careful not to fall in the shower.

ENJOY!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS