OATMEAL LAVENDER MILK BATH ~ MOTHER'S DAY SERIES




A couple of weeks ago I decided that it would be really cool to post some DIY Mother's Day gifts. I had all intentions of posting stuff the last 2 weeks but as everyone knows sometimes life gets in the way.  
.
I thought of things I would enjoy being gifted by my daughter or maybe even my son.  Things that were overall simple to make and did not take a ton of ingredients nor was expensive to put together.  

I came up with a nice list of things but this one really had my mind going.  I have terribly dry skin and it is very sensitive to boot.  I mean my skin gets ashy and extremely itchy or chapped especially in the winter time.  Unfortunately, my daughter has the same type skin.  

This is why the Oatmeal Lavender Milk Bath sounded quite luxurious to me.  Oatmeal is great for itchy dry skin.  It also helps with lowering the pH in your skin that causes the itchiness.  Lavender is soothing and calming and milk is nourishing and adds moisture to your skin. Three great ingredients to make a great refreshing bath.  BUT Wait there is more, I added baking soda.  Baking soda is so good for you.  

You need lavender essential oil, dry whole milk powder, baking soda, and oatmeal.  I would not skimp on the whole powdered milk.  You are not drinking it and it has much more benefits then purchasing a non-fat dry milk powder.  I could not find it so I ordered it and picked it up at Walmart.  


OATMEAL LAVENDER MILK BATH

Ingredients

  • 1/2 C Oats
  • 1/4 C Baking soda
  • 1 C whole powdered milk
  • 6 to 8 drops lavender essential oils *
Directions
  • Grind oats to a fine powder.
  • Mix oats, baking soda, and powdered milk together.
  • Add essential oils and combine.
* If you want to use different essential oils do not add them to the dry mix. Just add them when you bathe.  You can use chamomile for eczema and sensitive skin.  Bergamot is good to invigorate, reduce stress and anxiety.  Grapefruit is uplighting and a mood booster.  The list could go on and on.  I hope to put together a list for you guys on essential oils soon.  

I think this would make such a lovely gift for the Mom who enjoys a relaxing bath from time to time.  

Enjoy!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS