DILL PICKLE SALAD



I love dill pickles.  When I was little and my sweet daddy would take me to the store I would sometimes choose a pickle, deli meats and cheeses over a candy bar.  Yeah, I probably was a weird kid.  Do not get me wrong I still loved when daddy would allow me the smallest brown paper bag the store had and I could fill it full of penny and nickel candy.  

Each year I can not wait for my cucumbers to start coming in so I can make pickles.  I like to choose the small cucumbers and pickle them.  So, when this pasta salad was mentioned to me I HAD to make it with my dill pickles.




I cannot take total credit for this recipe but I can say I made it my own.  I actually have made it twice since Sunday.  We had chicken marinating in some jerk sauce I can and we're going to have people over, or I assumed people were coming over.  They did, so good thing we had the chicken and GOOD thing I made this pasta salad early Sunday morning.  I had to make it again Monday because it totally disappeared on Sunday.  I was lucky to get a bite of it.






DILL PICKLE PASTA SALAD

Ingredients

  • 1 lb pasta 
  • 1 cup sliced pickles
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
  • 1/2 small purple onion minced
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
  • 1/2 cup pickle juice
  • 2 teaspoons Tony charciete creole seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper


Dressing Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons pickle juice
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt

Directions
  • Bring water to boil and cook pasta al dent in a medium saucepan
  • While pasta is cooking put together the dressing by adding all ingredients and mixing well
  • Drain pasta and rinse with cold water 
  • Put pasta in a bowl with 1/2 cup pickle juice and allow to stand at least 5 minutes
  • Add all other ingredients to pasta then combine the dressing 
  • Keep in the refrigerator overnight
Adaptions:
The second time I made this I switched up greek yogurt for sour cream.  

I also cubed sharp cheddar and Colby cheese verses using shredded mild cheddar.  

I also used store-bought kosher pickles and the juice from the jar verse homemade dill pickles and the juice from the jar.  

You can also use any type of pasta you wish.  I used elbow and also rotini pasta.  




My opinion of the 2 different ways I made this pasta salad.  

I liked the second way I made it better.  I think the store bought juice was better then what came from my homemade pickles.  As far as the pickles I liked my homemade pickles better.  I also like the rotini pasta better than elbow pasta.

Happy Friday and ENJOY!!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS