HEALTHY CHICKEN SALAD



Scott grilled some chicken breast a week ago and I had one really large one left so I decided to make chicken salad.  I really wanted to create a healthy version.

Since I started making my own greek yogurt a month or so back I have been using it in all kinds of things and I switched up the amount of mayo I used in this recipe by adding greek yogurt.  

Chicken salad can be very fattening but I wanted a healthier version that is partly why I used the greek yogurt.  I skipped adding boiled eggs and I did not use a sweet relish. I used hot dill pickles I canned last summer and chopped them up.



I cut my grilled chicken into small pieces.



add chopped celery



add chopped red onion



add some garlic salt



add fresh ground pepper



added mayo, Greek yogurt, and dijon mustard



chopped hot garlic dill pickles and added them



I mixed it all together and it was done.  



Made a sandwich and it was so good.  



CHICKEN SALAD

Ingredients

  • 1 pound grilled chicken breast 
  • 1 stalk celery
  • 1 small red onion
  • 1 large dill pickle or 5 small
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • 1/2 C olive oil mayonnaise
  • 1/2 C plain greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp dijon mustard
Directions
  • Chop or cube chicken and place into a large bowl
  • Chop celery, onion, and pickles and combine with the chicken
  • Add all other ingredients and combine well


I actually used 3 medium sized pickles.  I love dill pickles in chicken salad or even deviled eggs.  I chose the hot pickles for a bit of heat but I did not taste any heat.  

Adaptions
You can always add other stuff such as carrots, black olives or eggs.  
You could also add some pickled jalapenos or even candied jalapenos for heat.

ENJOY!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS