ApplePalozza ~ Dehyrated Apples OH HOW EASY



I love dried apples.  I grew up snacking on them if I was lucky that is because normally they were dried for fried apple pies. Oh me oh my how I love my mom's fried apple pies.  They are truly to die for!!!  


Anyway back to those 80+ pounds of apple blessings.  Since the red delicious apples are going bad I decided to dehydrate them and make dried apples.  Yummy!!!  Just got my first batch out of the oven.  So, darn good.  I could eat every one of them.  My daughter likes them so much I had to find them from her.   I also have a batch in my dehydrator.  


If you have plenty of apples why not make dried apples?  Seriously they are a great healthy snack.  Plus incredibly easy to make.




I did not realize until just now how many different types of apple slicers I have.  We have an apple slicer peeler corer, a corer, and one that cores and slices.  





For dehydrated/dried apples I opt for the first one, the apple slicer peeler that cores too.  Scott got ours at a flea market or it might have been a yard sale.  Remember you do not have to spend upwards of $30 on one.  Of course, you can do it the old fashion way with a good paring knife.


Now that the Indian Apple Chutney is done and the aroma is going away my house smells like apples.  Yummy yummy yummy in my tummy.  Today I sure do not need one of those wax scent things burning.  My house smells good just from my cooking.  


Dehydrated Apples


Ingredients


  • Apples
  • Lemon juice
  • Cooke sheets or a dehydrator
  • Parchment paper if using the oven and the cookie sheets
Directions
  • Clean, peel, core and slice apples thin.
  • As you do the first step put them in a bit of lemon juice so they do not brown.
  • Oven method put parchment paper on your cookie sheets, lay out the apples in a single layer, put on the second to the bottom shelf on 200 degrees.  An hour into it turn them.  Takes up to 3 hours.
  • Dehydrator method, place your thin cut apples in a single layer on the trays.  Set temp at 135 and watch.  This could take a while.

Now is that not easy peasy?  Even Jace loves them.  He is our grandson.




ENJOY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS