EGGSHELLS AND APPLE CIDER VINEGAR ~ NATURE AT IT'S BEST~ IT DOES YOUR BODY GOOD



A week or so ago I did a post about eggshells and the garden. I also have eggshells on my post on Helpful Hints.  All of the research on eggshells really got me excited about their usage. 

One of the benefits of eggshells is to use it for skin irritations.  I have extremely sensitive skin and when the pollen is out I have major issues.  I break out with an itchy rash. I normally use baking soda to help with the severity of the rash.  Baking soda helps but does not totally alleviate my nagging itchy rash.  So, why not try eggshells and apple cider vinegar.  We make our own ACV so I have tons of it.  Matter of a fact we have 2 more crocks going full of the stuff now, thanks to the applepolozza event, I had plenty of peels and cores left over. 




Well, believe it or not, this tonic is not just for rashes.  You can use it for a acid reflux, joint pain, and it is also an energy booster.  WOW quadruple goody, right?

As you know I save my eggshells for my garden each year so when I made an omelet for Scott on Sunday I kept my shells just for making this. 

I first washed my shells to make sure that they were clean of the membrane.  Then I baked them in my toaster oven on 150  for 10 minutes to make sure they were sterilized.




I crushed up the eggshells.




Then I added the ACV to the jar.  See saving jars on Helpful Hints.  

You need to let it sit for a few days and make sure you do not have a lid on tight.  It is better to cover with some plastic wrap because the combination makes a lot of bubbles as it breaks things down  If you want to use it for reflux or an energy boost let it sit until the eggshells are dissolved completely.

I figure by Friday it will be good to go for an itchy rash but I probably will not use it all for my seasonal allergy rashes. Which means the ACV will have time to dissolve the eggshells.  Which will allow me to try it for the other reasons.  Again waste not, want not, right?  

ACV means apple cider vinegar.

I will check back in on Friday to let you know how it worked.  

Happy May Day Everyone!!

ENJOY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS