Did someone say Football?

I just love me some football.  I am four years younger than my brother and growing up like I did with him being a huge sports fan, you watched football.  There were no if and or buts about that subject either.  You also pulled for the Pittsburgh Steelers.  It is funny I remember sitting in the living room on the couch with my dad and brother watching football.  My brother always sat in a chair next to the couch and there was a huge ottoman in front of it that he would roll with his feet back and forth.  This drove my mom crazy.  So, crazy that she had my dad nail down that ottoman to the floor so my brother could no longer roll it around. Funny the silly things you recall from your youth.  Back to football, I really loved watching football with them.  It was almost a ritual in our home.  Lord forbid if you changed the channel during football.  Well, actually I do not even remember doing that but I know it was a huge NO NO.

Let's fast forward many years when I met my husband.  One of our first conversations was about him being from Pittsburgh and I made the mistake of saying, you must be a Steelers fan.  He said to me very seriously that growing up in Pittsburgh you were either a Steelers fan or you hated your dad.  I told him how I was a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Scott thought I was full of it until I could name off some players and stats.  To this day he loves to pick on me because when I was about 5 I decided Terry Bradshaw was going to marry me.  Scott also loves telling people that the first game we watched together I showed up totally decked out in Steelers gear down to my toenail polish and I parked myself on his coffee table sitting Indian Style screaming at the TV.  LOL, as my daughter once said to me, mom do you think they can hear you?  Well, yeah I do.  The way our living room is sit up a corner of the coffee table sat in front of the TV.  Great place to yell and scream with joy and frustration.  I also am very superstitious when it comes to sports.  I will not change up a routine or clothes during football season.  Once you start wearing clothes etc and you are winning you cannot change up your attire.  However, if you are losing you need to make some type of changes.  This year it appears the Steelers has played better if we go to Lisa and Brack's house to watch the game.  So, at 1 o'clock we will be at their house pulling and screaming for the Steelers.  Lisa loves the Steelers as much as we do.  She has roots in Pittsburgh and lived there for a time as a child.  Brack, the well poor guy pulls for the Miami Dolphins.  Football is so much fun with friends.



Go Steelers!!!

Whether you agree with my love of football or my Steelers please follow and subscribe to my blog.

Enjoy!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS