A New Twist to Sriracha, Honey Sriracha Sauce

A few years ago our garden was producing so many hot peppers I did not know what to do with all of them.  You know me, what do I do when I have no clue what to do with something?  I research research research.  Google and I are like best friends.  Off I go to the internet doing my searches on what do with an overabundance of hot peppers.  Low and behold, I found a sriracha recipe.  Honestly, I had never even heard of sriracha.  Had no clue what it was or how it was used.  I found it funny when I was told that is what you get as a hot sauce in a Japanese restaurant because I love that stuff.  With all that said, of course, I made sriracha and canned the crap out of it.  I have so much sriracha even my sriracha told me not to make any last summer.  OK, well maybe not really but if you only knew how much I had.  As a true example, last night I opened my last jar from 2014 in order to make Honey Sriracha.  



Even finding the Honey Sriracha recipe was a fluke.  We were going to make wings or some type of chicken and I ran across several recipes for Honey Sriracha.  I thought oh wow I bet that is good.  I also thought Scott probably will not like it because of it being sweet. He does not really care for the sweet stuff. Oh yeah, it was wings that we were cooking in the air fryer. However, we did use it later on some chicken thighs in the air fryer.  On wings, it is really phenomenal.  We had some friends come by a couple of weeks ago and we threw some salmon and shrimp on the grill and some Honey Sriracha wings in the air fryer.  Wade loved the wings. He kept on and on about how good they were.  None were left. Well, we all did but Wade really loved them. So, much that I made sure he had 3 jars of my homemade canned sriracha to take home.  On a side note, Wade has not been cut off, he gives me his jars back.  Yep, if you do not give me your jar back I probably will cut you off from my canning goodies.  I am sure if someone reads this that gives me jars back or heck that has not they will post a comment to tell I am not lying.



Since everyone seems to like the sauce I thought why not share my recipe.  My recipe is different from most due to the fact I do not use soy sauce.  Why mess with something perfect, right?

Honey Sriracha

1/3 C honey
1/4 C sriracha
1 T rice vinegar
1/4 t sesame oil 




Blend and voila you have Honey Sriracha.  It is so easy to make.  I am seriously crazy about this sauce.  I could almost lather it on my body but I am afraid it will burn due to the hot peppers I use when canning my version of sriracha.  

Note:  I have not used store bought sriracha to make this so I can not say the heat level.  I would suggest trying the 1/4 cup and if that is not to your liking add more.  As usual, this recipe is subjective to your taste.  You can add more honey for a sweeter sauce and less sriracha or more sriracha for more heat.

Last night when I made some I doubled my recipe and added a bit more honey to tame the heat of the sriracha.  Had to open a new jar and it was a bit warmer than the last jar I used to make this awesome sauce.  

We are using it on some Wild skin on Salmon.  Can not wait to try it on the Salmon.  Oh and by the way I could eat Salmon every day so I am really looking forward to trying the sauce on the Salmon.  I pray the nice warm weather will hold out just a few more hours so I can use my grill.  

The weather did not hold up so Scott cooked it on one of our cast iron skillets.  Nothing is quite like cast iron when cooking.  



The salmon was amazing.  



I probably will be posting a lot of recipes without meat in the coming weeks.  It is Lent after all and Scott observes the tradition of meatless Fridays.  Which gives me the opportunity to make more meatless dishes.

Enjoy!

If you enjoy my blog please subscribe so you can stay up to date on my new entries.  You can also follow me by doing so on the menu button at the top left side.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS