My take on Starbucks Egg Bites

Egg Bites

This is my take on a very popular item on the breakfast menu at Starbucks.  Seems everyone just loves them.

Let's be honest, Starbucks is expensive and these little babies go for a nice price there.  

A lot of people are making them now in their Instant Pot. 
I truly adore Starbucks but honestly, they get expensive and I am just way to frugal to waste that kind of money on a daily basis.

Incredibly easy to make?  Heck yeah!!!
All you really need is a few ingredients and you are set.  

Egss, egg whites, cottage cheese, heavy cream or half and half, cheese and from there you can add about anything else.  
I prefer to make mine with egg whites and no whole eggs.  
You can really use just about any cheese you want but I feel that cottage cheese is a must.  
I have used gruyere, smoked gouda, feta, goat milk cheddar and monterey so far.

They are fun, easy and quick to make and quite awesome to eat.


As you can see above I used a silicone egg bite pan that I purchased on Amazon.  Sometimes they are called a baby food pan.
If you do not have a prime membership with Amazon you need to think about getting one.  
I use mine way too much but it makes my life so easy.


The picture above is egg bites
with egg whites, sauteed onion, peppers,
and goat milk
cheddar 

The picture below is egg bites with eggs,
sauteed onion, pepper, homemade pancetta 
and goat's milk cheddar

 






Here's my take on Starbucks Egg Bites.  Even better you can stay home and save some money.  Even better better is the fact you can play with the recipe and put whatever you want into your silicone tray.

Ingredients 
4 eggs or 1/2 cup of egg whites
1/2 C cottage cheese
1/4 C heavy cream or half and half
1 to 1.5 C cheese of your choice
Any of these fillings sauteed onion, peppers, bacon
1 C water

Directions
Put one cup of water into your inner pot pressure cooker then put this into the base
Put the first 4 ingredients into your blender and blender well, 45 seconds or so
Spray your silicone tray with olive oil or other oil
At this point add whatever filling you wish to your blender and mix with a spoon
Fill your silicone tray compartments up 3/4 of the way
Put a paper towel over the top and a piece of aluminum foil over that  (This keeps out moisture)
Place a trivet into the inner pot and place your tray on it 
Close your lid and make sure you have your steam valve closed
Cook 10 minutes and allow a NR of 10  minutes then do a QR 
Allow your tray to cool for a few minutes
Then I put a plate on top of my tray and flip them out by turning them upside down on my plate


Honestly the first few times I made them I did NOT use the paper towel or aluminum foil.  They came out just fine.  The next time I made them I use the lid of the silicone tray and I do not suggest doing that at all.  That time they came out runny and did not rise much.  Too much moisture was allowed into the tray.  I have not used the paper towel or tin foil but a lot of people say to do this so I included it in my recipe.  

This is now one of my favorite breakfast items and I am NOT a breakfast person.  

Starbucks uses the sous vide method of cooking theirs and this recipe is designed to be closer to the texture of the sous vide method of cooking. 

I hope you will give them a try and have fun doing it.  

ENJOY!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS