Oh What You Can Do With A Can of Crescent Rolls

What a can of crescent rolls can do is amazing.  You can fill the individual rolls with about anything.  Or you can roll them out and make a bread braid or a ring.  My daughter, MacKenzie use to take some of my homemade jelly and make a breakfast or dessert with them.  

Honestly, you can do just about anything you want with a roll or two of crescent dough.  Since it is normally just Scott and me eating I do not do a huge ring/circle which uses 2 rolls.  I use one roll and unwind them.  They come out in a pair of 2 like a rectangle.  You will have 4 rectangles and I just put them down on a cookie sheet and press the edges together to make them hold to each other.  At this point, you can fill it however you would like.   So far I have made a buffalo chicken crescent braid and a spicy Italian one.  

Buffalo Chicken Crescent Braid

4 oz softened cream cheese
1/4 C Texas Pete
2 C chopped cooked chicken or rabbit
1 C Monterey Cheese
1 can of crescent rolls
crumbled blue cheese optional

On a cookie sheet, unroll the dough and overlap the long sides to make a rectangle press the edges to seal.  Spoon mixture down the center.  If you are using blue cheese sprinkle this on top and then fold strips of the dough diagonally over the filling, alternating to form a braid.  

Cook at 325 degrees.  Timing is the tricky part.  My oven cooks quickly so I have to watch whatever I am cooking.  I cooked mine for 15 minutes then checked it.  If you find yours is browning in places and other places need more cooking add a sheet of aluminum foil over the braid and cook 5 to 10 more minutes.




Italian Crescent Braid

Salmini
Cooked Ham
Capocolo
Shredded Monterey Cheese
Spicy mustard
Sliced hot peppers






I really did not measure anything for this recipe.  I wanted a thick style Italian crescent braid.  I just used tons of meat and shredded cheese.  Note I used shredded cheese not slices because I find that shredded melts better.  

On a cookie sheet, unroll the crescent dough, overlap the sides to make a rectangle and press edges to seal.  Spread mustard on the middle and layer with meats and cheese.  Top with your sliced peppers.  Then braid your bread.  You will need to cut the sides to braid.  

You can add anything and if I had more ingredients when I made this I would have added black olives and maybe some tomatoes.  As I sit here typing this I thought why did I not add onions.  I think sliced red onion would have been awesome on this sandwich.  Yummy.

Cook at 325 degrees.  Again timing is the tricky part. So, do as I said above on cooking the braid or ring.

I pretty much keep certain items as staples in my fridge or pantry at all times.  I think now I will make sure that a can of crescent rolls will always be in the fridge.  What a quick meal you can make or something when an unexpected guest drop by and you do not want to run to the grocery store.  

I really think some softened cream cheese mixed with some powdered sugar would make a good filling along with strawberries or apples even blueberries.  


Enjoy!


Hope you will subscribe and/or follow our blog.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS