HOW TO MAKE RICE IN THE INSTANT POT


Rice is such a versatile food.  You would not believe how incredibly easy it is when making it in your pressure cooker.   I have a rice cooker but I am telling you it is so much easier and much more delicious in the PC.  Seriously you know how sometimes when you make rice and it is sticky and clumps together, well with the electric pressure cooker you will never have this issue again.  


One thing you need to know though white rice and brown rice have different cooking times.  I mean majorly different cooking times.  I prefer brown rice but when doing this recipe I found I was out of brown rice.  Oh well, since I was making this for the Mongolian Beef I guess it did not matter too much.  


Rice 

  • 1 Cup Rice
  • 1 Cup water
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp oil
Rinse your rice really well.  This is an important step in order for your rice to come out well. Add your oil first and then your rice into the inner pot in the base and mix well.  This step will help the rice not clump when cooking.  Then add your water and salt.  Look the lid and set your valve to seal.  Some people if making white rice will use the pre-set button for rice.  I do not.  I just go by the time frames per rice I am making.  



Set your pressure cooker on manual for the following times per type of rice.

  • White and Jasmine Rice 4 minutes with an NR of 10 minutes 
  • Balsamic white rice: 6 to 8 minutes with an NR of 10 Minutes
  • Brown Rice or Brown Balsamic: 22 to 24 minutes
Enjoy!!!

Update:  I wanted to add if you are making balsamic rice you will need to soak the rice at least 15 minutes prior to cooking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS