STUFFED PEPPERS ~ MEXICAN STYLE



I love stuffed peppers.  The best thing about them is you can stuff em with just about anything you want.  This is one of my favorite ways though,  I love Mexican food so why not stuff your peppers with a bit of Mexican?  

Best thing is it is a simple recipe.  You need some peppers.  I cut mine in half and de-seed them so I can lay down my peppers and fill them.  I just find that easier than taking the top off an entire pepper and stuffing it that way.  



You also need some type of ground meat.  Seriously any kind will work, here I used ground beef but you can use ground turkey, chicken or even pork.  All you need to do is brown your meat and add taco seasoning to the mix with a bit of water.




The next step is the fun part because you get to be creative.  You can add just about anything but in these, I used black beans, salsa and corn I canned myself, plus some Spanish rice I made in my pressure cooker.  The rice was left over from the night before.  Great way to use your leftovers.  However, you can just buy a pre-cooked pack at the store if you do not want to make your own.




Mexican Stuffed Peppers
4 or 5 bell peppers in a variety of colors
1 lb of ground meat of your choice
1/4 C water
1 Can of black beans
1 can of corn
1/2 jar of salsa-divided
taco seasoning packet
Pack of Spanish rice
Cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese

Directions
Brown your ground meat then drain well
Add taco seasoning and water to the browned meat
Next, add all the remaining ingredients except for the cheese
Add your mix to your half de-seeded bell peppers
Put remaining salsa on top of peppers
Put all stuffed peppers in a casserole dish and cover with foil
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour
Take off foil and add shredded cheese and leave in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese

*Just a note, I used almost a whole jar of salsa.  I used 1/2 of the jar in the mix and the other half on top of my peppers.  I also used some pickled jalapenos I had canned to give it a hotter taste.  

If you do not like a large amount of clean up I highly suggest to line your casserole dish with foil.  If you do this step make sure you either spray the foil with a bit of spray oil or use the non-stick aluminum foil.  

This is such a quick recipe to put together, it just takes some time to cook.  Hope you make it soon and Enjoy!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS