VODKA CUCUMBER SPA DRINK RECIPE


I promised some friends I would post this recipe on my blog.  Sorry guys, it took so long.  My father passed away recently and to be honest, I had no desire to do much for a couple of weeks.  

I can not take full credit for this recipe. Wish I could because it is such a wonderful drink.  I must admit that, so no one thinks I came up with it totally by myself. A couple of summers ago I took my daughter and my grandson to Florida.  What a great vacation.  While there at 2 different places I had a version of this drink I am calling The Spa Drink.  By NO means is this a non-alcohol drink. Just needed to get that out there.  Since that trip was very special to me I wanted to share this drink with all of you.  Plus it is getting ready to warm up here in the South.

It is such a light summery style drink.  Very refreshing and since it uses cucumbers I thought the name was good The Spa Drink.  Well, my idea of a spa is cucumber slices on my eyes when having a spa treatment.  I know that is not always true but it's my fantasy and I am sticking with it.


It really is a very simple drink. All you need is cucumbers, agave syrup, a lemon-lime soda and some vodka.  You can add freshly grated ginger for a more refreshing flavor.  Now does this not sound super easy?   You also need a shaker and I highly suggest a muddler.  When I first made these I did not have a muddler. It was not hard to do but I find it easier now that I have a long muddler. You want to reach the bottom of your shaker so you can get to the cucumbers because you really need to muddle the crap out of those cucumber pieces in order to get them nice and juicy for your cocktail.




Peel your cucumbers and cut them into small cubes.  Drop them into your shaker and muddle away.  Muddle Muddle Muddle.....  




I guess for the record you do not even need a shaker but you do need a strong cup style container that will hold up to the pressure of the muddler.  


Add ice, vodka, and a squirt of agave syrup, and lemon-lime soda of your choice.  Now, this really is not necessary but if you want it a bit sweeter you will want the agave.  If you are going to add the grated ginger do it at this time.  Since this is not a martini you will not shake but you will stir.  


How much vodka really depends on your taste and how strong you want your drink.  The same goes for lemon-lime soda.  I normally add about 2 ounces of vodka and pour in 3 to 4 ounces of soda.  

This is not a super sweet drink.  It is made to be refreshing, not sweet.  Sweet would take away from the cool refreshing flavor.  I am not saying you can not make it sweet by adding more agave syrup, just saying that it is not meant to be a super sweet drink.  Remember any recipe is subjective to your taste.  

I hope you will try making this cocktail.  You do not have to wait for summer, I mean it is spring now so Enjoy away!!

UPDATE:
I thought I would do a quick update.  This drink was made due to my vacation with my daughter and grandson.  I had it at a restaurant in Amelia Island where the bartender gave me the recipe.  I also had one very similar at a hotel that Hilton has near Disney.  It truly is a refreshing drink.

Also, my friend who wanted me to post this recipe is no longer with us.  He passed away 2 years ago in November.  Jeremy, you are still extremely missed.  

Have a great summer and I hope you enjoy this drink.  If you make it please come back and comment.  








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS