A GREAT WAY TO USE YOUR SOURDOUGH DISCARD~SOURDOUGH PIZZA CRUST




A week ago we had Wade and Cheryl over for pizzas on the Big Green Egg.  Wade gave me my starter and I was excited but also nervous to make the dough for the pizza crust. I mean Wade can make some awesome pizzas. When we made the pizzas that night I meant to get pictures so I could let you guys know how to make a crust with the discard part of your starter.  I forgot. Imagine that! I think there was a bit too much wine or something that kept us from documenting the pizza crust.  Maybe it was the stimulating conversations. Who knows.

I had all these great things planned yesterday but sometimes things do NOT go as planned.  Which meant I fed my starter and had intentions of making bread but it never happened.  Great!  Well, yeah great, since I hate waste, I made pizza crusts.  Honestly, they are so easy.  Plus delicious. I am glad having our friends over got me over my nervousness.  

PIZZA CRUST make 1 thick crust or 2 thin

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 Cups sourdough discard starter
  • 3/4 Cup warm distilled water
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 Tablespoon honey or sugar 
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt (I used kosher)
  • 3/4 tsp yeast-if you are using discard
  • 2 tsp garlic powder optional
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning optional
  • 3 3/4 cups of bread flour
Directions
  • Add the first 7 ingredients to a bowl and mix them together.  
  • Add the flour next and either knead by hand until it becomes a nice ball or add to a stand-up mixer and knead for 3 to 5 minutes.   
  • Put the dough into a greased bowl and cover.  I also drizzle a bit of EVOO onto the top.  Allow sitting in a warm area until doubles in size about 2 to 4 hours. 



It's really easy and you can have pizza almost anytime.  This recipe makes 2 crusts.  Unless you want a really thick crust.  I like a thin-crust pizza.  You can keep this in the fridge for 5 days or freeze for around a month.



Have a HAPPY SATURDAY!!

ENJOY!!

UPDATE
I tweaked my recipe today and I like it even better.  So does Scott. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS