THE GARDEN IS READY TO GO



YES!!!  Our garden is ready to go.  I am so excited.  Where we live it has rained so much that I was unsure if we would ever get it ready.  One of our friends, Lawrence, came over a month or so back and helped us do a lot of yard work.  Well, I say us....haha, I supervised them while Scott and Lawrence worked.  Hey, I provided liquid refreshments.  



This time of year always makes me really excited.  I love the anticipation of gardening.  We start most our own seeds and transplant them.  Which is always fun.  This year I cut down the amount I started but somehow I still have about 300 tomato plants.  My pepper plants did not do well.  Well, the ones I planted did ok.  Peppers are a bit hard to work with and take longer to pop up so you really need to start them earlier and for some reason or another ours just did not work this year.  Plus the ones we overwintered died out.  So, sad because we lost a special pepper plant that germinated from a naga viper 3 years ago into something that had deadly heat but made an awesome hot sauce.  My husband named it something I can NOT say on my blog.  If you wanna know you will have to contact me.  LOL



I am still out of town doing the Daughter's birthday Spa "weekend" thing.  No, it is not the weekend but it was our weekend together.  We do not get this much and I have truly cherished it with all my heart.  

Anyway, still tuned to see how the garden does this year.  It was horrible last year.  We had tons of rain then NO rain what so ever.  There were many fails in the garden last summer.  I have had issues with lateral epicondylitis, which is tennis elbow, for a few years now.  It gets better but it never fails by the end of every day my right hand still goes numb with too much use.  Two summers ago I could not help plant at all.  It was hard to take care of.  Last summer was a bit better but it is very hard doing all that work without a lot of help.  To be honest, I gave up.  Our garden was a jungle and I did not have the strength to tend it.  We have an asparagus bed, 7 blueberry bushes, a strawberry patch, heritage apple trees, blackberry and raspberry briars and our small garden.  That is a lot to work.  

Happy Thursday Peeps.  

ENJOY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS