STOUT BEER PICKLED ONIONS



I thought I might have a normal ordinary day.  I have no clue why the heck I would think any day of mine would be normal.   You know a day where you can get stuff done but not be rushed or have anything in particular to do.  Alas, that was not to happen for me.  Instead, I decided to work on some those onions I was gifted a month or so back. 

A while back one of my friends mentioned a beer pickled onions recipe that I found very intriguing.  I normally can stuff but this one was not a canning recipe but one that goes in the fridge.  That held me off for a while but I decided to try it this morning.  


Since I had a stout beer left from one of the apple relish I made I decided to make the beer pickled onions with the leftover beer.  I mean why not, right?  I have onions, a good beer, and all the other ingredients. 


It really was a spur of the moment for me to do this recipe.  I do not know why I kept putting it off because it really makes a lovely jar of onions.  




First, you need to slice your onions rather thick.


... Rather your ingredients.




... Combine stout beer, vinegar, kosher salt, sugar, mustard seeds, coriander seeds and juniper berries in a saucepan and bring to a boil.




... Take off of heat and add the thickly sliced onions to the liquid.  Allow to sit until onions soften a bit. 

...  Then put the onions into mason jars and add the liquid.  Then refrigerate for at least 24 hours before enjoying. 





STOUT BEER PICKLED ONIONS

Ingredients
  • 4 to 5 medium onions 
  •  16 oz Stout beer
  • 1 1/4 Cup vinegar
  • 1 Heaping tbsp kosher salt
  • 1 Heaping tbsp sugar
  • 1 Heaping tbsp mustard seeds
  • 1 Heaping tbsp coriander seeds
  • 1 Heaping tsp juniper berries
Directions
  • Slice onions into thick slices.
  • Add all other ingredients to a saucepan and bring to boil.  Once it has boiled take off heat and add onions until softened.
  • Put onions into jars and add the liquid.  Allow to cool then put into the fridge.  
  • In 48 hours they should be done.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS