THE MOST AMAZING RUB EVER



I love food on the grill. I mean I seriously LOVE food on the grill.  I have no clue but for some reason, nothing is better than throwing meat and veggies on the grill.  Of course, when we cook out we have to prepare for the bugs because for some reason they love us.  I realize I am totally lovable but now well Scott mmm... sometime he is too.  

One of Scott's specialties is his amazing smoked Boston Butts.  I mean he truly rocks the butt.  I have yet to meet anyone who did not love his smoked pork.  In the part of NC, we live in it is known for BBQ.  I mean who has not heard of Lexington Style BBQ.  We will fight over what is good BBQ.  Now you Northen folks out there that may be reading this, BBQ is NOT cooking whatever on the grill.  NO, BBQ is smoked pig normally cooked in a pit, hence the reason it is called pit cooked BBQ.  There is nothing like Lexington style bbq and my husband has mastered his butt to a tee.  We cook ours on the big green egg.  Now, that is a great investment we made.

Normally when Scott is going to smoke a butt my job is the rub.  I MAKE the rub, there is no way I would go buy a rub when the one I make is way better.  Plus as always I know what I am putting into my rub.  No preservatives or anything I might have a hard time even pronouncing.  Nah, my rub is salt, sugar, and herbs.  I want to say a lot of times when you see pictures of my ingredients a lot of times they are my own herbs or seasonings I have just put in a bottle I have kept.  

This past Saturday our friend Matt threw his beautiful girlfriend, Brooke, a birthday party.  Scott told them he would make a butt for the party.  Of course, I also made BBQ or red slaw as well.  Friday morning I got the butt out and rubbed it down good. Rub rub rub your butt.   As I was doing this I thought why not post your rub recipe.  So guys and gals.... here is my butt rub. 

I gather all my ingredients.




... measure them out.




... blend them up.




... apply to the Boston butt on all sides.




... smoke it




...smoke it good




I have to admit the picture of the Boston butt on the big green egg is from this past winter.  We totally forgot to take a picture of the one we smoked last weekend.  However, the results are the same.  


THE MOST AMAZING RUB EVER

Ingredients (makes 2 cups)

  • 3/4 cup paprika
  • 1/4 cup ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoons onion powder
  • 2 teaspoons cayenne powder

Directions
Mix all the spices together thoroughly in a bowl.  Store in an airtight container.  


This recipe is good on all kinds of meat, whether it be ribs, brisket, chicken, pork shoulders, Boston butt, and more.  Oh my so good on beer butt chicken. However, I like to use brown sugar for the white sugar when doing ribs.  

This makes a butt load of rub.  No pun intended.  LOL

ENJOY!!

NOTE:  If you wish to kick it up a bit for more of a smoke flavor use smoked paprika.  Or Hungarian paprika.  If you want more heat sub out cayenne with a hotter pepper powder, such as habanero, scotch bonnet, ghost pepper or even Carolina Reaper.   










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS