A REFRESHING DRINK ~ MOSCOW MULE


Late last summer when football was really just getting started we went up the street to Lisa and Brac's house to watch some football.  Lisa is a Steelers fan like we are.  Brac, well he just needs some mental help because he is not a Steelers fan.  If you read this Brac, sorry but you are really nice to always allow us to invade your home and watch the Steelers play. Since it was late summer, September, it was still hot outside. Lisa made me a drink called Moscow Mule.  I think she had just been turned on to them by some friends and she fixed me one up.  I have always enjoyed vodka and I had been hearing about these drinks.  What I did not realize is how well the drink blends together and how truly refreshing one is on a hot summer day.  I think it has a lot to do with the copper cup.  Well, the drink it's self is wonderful but the copper cup keeps your drink nice and cold.  I have to say she had me hooked pretty quick.

It is also a drink that only requires 3 ingredients.  So, it makes it more economical to make and drink.  All you need is some vodka, limes, and ginger beer.  Funny thing, ginger beer is a soda it is not a beer.  

I have experimented with several different ginger beers since last summer.  I do not remember the names of them but I have bought some that were supposed to be the best but I was not really impressed.  I bought a pack from Walmart a couple of weeks ago and I have found the one for me.  Each to their own so you might not like it but I love this ginger beer, Q Ginger Beer.  It is sweetened with agave syrup.  According to their website, it is less sugar, more carbonation, and spicer, they use chili peppers for a nice bold taste.   


Back to the copper cups, you really need a set of these for this drink.  I can not explain it but it really helps it have a crisp flavor.  I actually bought a set through Amazon but wound up giving them as a Christmas exchange gift.  So, that meant I had to find another set.  I finally found another set at Aldi.  I love them.  

It really is a simple drink to make but sometimes simple is the best.  



MOSCOW MULE 

Ingredients
  • 2 oz vodka
  • 1/2 oz lime juice or a 1/4 of lime squeezed
  • 8 oz ginger beer
Directions
  • Add ice to copper mug 
  • Add all ingredients to the copper mug and stir
Here is a spin to the drink, sub out vodka for dark rum, they call it a Dark and Stormy.  Thanks, Dustin for mentioning that so I would do the research because I had no clue what you were talking about.

I sometimes add homemade cranberry juice to mine.  Not a lot just a splash.  

Stay cool and drink a mule.... 

ENJOY!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS