HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT NO MESS BACON



I have never been a big breakfast eater.  Something about eggs has always messed up my stomach.  BUT if I am going to eat breakfast it will normally be either on vacation or during the weekend.  Weekends are when I cooking Scott a nice breakfast.  During the week the poor guy normally gets Greek yogurt, oatmeal or a breakfast English muffin.  So, weekends I try to spoil him a bit with a nice home cooked breakfast.  With all that said, if I am gonna eat something for breakfast it would be bacon.  I love bacon but I hate cooking bacon.  It is messy and the grease splatters everywhere.  The clean up is horrible.  Then I learned about cooking bacon in the oven.  I forget who told me but I thought, OK I will give it a try.  To be honest it took me a few attempts to get it perfect.  Do not get me wrong the bacon in the oven came out well but I had a hard time dialing in the temp to use and the timeframe.  

I am serious when I say this is the perfect way to cook bacon.  Let me tell ya why.

  1. Grease will not fly and splatter everywhere.
  2. No huge cleanup. 
  3. You have more room on your stove top.
  4. You can cook the entire pack of bacon at one time.
  5. You do not have to turn it and splatter more grease on your hands or elsewhere.
  6. It is just so easy to cook it this way.
  7.  When it is cooking you can do other things.
  8. No more grease stains on your clothes.
  9. Here is a big one, no grease burns on your hands or arms.
  10. The best one is, your bacon comes out flat and perfectly cooked.  

All you need is a baking sheet, aluminum foil, spray oil. and bacon.  If you have a cooling rack it is even easier but not necessary.  

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil.  I know you are probably saying, why do I need to spray the aluminum foil?  Why, if the bacon creates a lot of grease it is good to do this so it does not stick.  Yeah, it might stick. So better to be safe than sorry.



Next, place your bacon on the baking sheet and put in the oven for 10 minutes.  Remember each oven cooks differently so watch your bacon.  It might take up to 10 minutes more.  My oven cooks it perfect in 10 minutes.  




Once you take the bacon out of the oven if you have a cooking rack put paper towels under the cooking rack and place your bacon on the rack.  Allow it to cool.  




Almost everyone loves this guilty pleasure called bacon.  I mean how does life go on without it?  

If you want your bacon extra crispy you can use your cooking rack on top of the baking sheet.  This allows your bacon to cook from all sides.  

I made bacon this morning for Scott to go with his blueberry pancakes.  It was so nice because after I put the bacon in the oven I was able to go outside and water the pepper plants.  

If you have not tried bacon in the oven, please give it a try.  You might just love it and never want to cook it on the stovetop anymore.  If you decide to cook some in the oven please comment or if you have already let me know your thoughts.  



ENJOY!!



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. We also love bacon! I've been cooking it in the oven for a few months. It makes cooking breakfast for a large group so much easier...and no mess to clean up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS