SAUSAGE STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS



If you have ever grown squash you know how easy it is to overlook and totally a zucchini or yellow squash.  All of a sudden, you have a monster zucchini and you are thinking what the heck?  When this happens to me I normally make stuffed zucchini boats.  I have to be honest, I make up the recipe as I go so hardly will you get the same taste or flavor but today I decided to take pictures and notes so I could have a real recipe and share it with all of you.  

Scott loves when I make them.  It is a nice meal.  I normally make them vegetarian.  Today I decided to use sausage instead.  Since I love Italian food, I am going with that concept here.  


I used pork sausage in this recipe.  First, brown your meat.



I also used the spaghetti seasoning mix I made to give it more flavor.  I love that recipe.  Hope you will check it out.



While the meat is browning take your zucchini and cut it in half.



Remove the seeds and microwave until they are just tender to the touch.  You do not want to overcook them because you will also cook them in the oven.



Do not discard the center of your zucchini.  



Put it in the pan with your meat.



Add the spaghetti seasoning.


-

Next, cut a couple of tomatoes.



And some grilled sweet onion.  I used that because I had one left over from making them last week and it gives it so much flavor.  



For sauce, I used some home canned Italian seasoning tomato sauce.



I poured about 1/3 into my pan with the filling mixture.



Blend everything well and drain the juices off. 



Stuff the zucchini with the meat and veggie mixture.



Top with the rest of the Italian tomato sauce



Cook at 350 for 30 minutes.  Take out and cover with foil and cook 15 more minutes.

Take out of the oven, top with Italian cheese and allow to cool.  



I was out of mozzarella, so I used another white Italian cheese.  I am not going to put a recipe down next like I normally do, because honestly there was no measuring anything.  I did exactly as I stated.  The wonderful thing about making zucchini boats is you can literally fill it with anything.  Most times I just use the center, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, peppers, and some yellow squash.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS