ITS CANNING SEASON ~ A BASIC PICKLE BRINE RECIPE FOR ANY VEGETABLE




I am still away in West Texas visiting family and making new friends.

It is canning seasoning though and I have left you high and dry.  Sorry about that peeps.

In the spirit of canning and with no pictures.... SORRY, I wanted to give you my absolute favorite brine recipe.  You can rock this brine on anything you wish to pickle.  In the past, I have had specific recipes per whichever veggies I was gonna can but primarily now this is my go to and believe me when I say it truly is great.

You may have green beans, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, peppers, okra, asparagus, brussels sprouts etc to pickle.  This is the brine for you.  I love it because you can use this brine and pickle more than one veggie at a time.  Another positive is you can double, triple, quadruple ... well, you get the idea.  Plus it is only 3 ingredients.

BASIC PICKLE VEGGIE BRINE
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup white vinegar
  • 1 to 2 tablespoon pickling salt    
Simple easy and awesome.  Even better you can add garlic, dill, hot sauce or hot peppers to the jars with your vegetable you plan on pickling.  

As far as the amount of salt I personally find 1 tablespoon not enough and 2 to be too much.  I like 1/2 tablespoons.  This amount seems to be perfect for my taste.  

I will post pictures when I get home because Scott has told me I have veggies waiting on me.

ENJOY!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS