ZUCCHINI FRITTERS


When zucchini is coming in, it is coming in by the basket full.  I have had so much that I had no clue what to do with it but I also knew that once it is gone, it is gone.  Scott and I both love zucchini fritters and always look forward to making some.  We make them different.  I go for a healthier version.  

Wash and dry your zucchini and then shred it.  I love this hand use shredder.  I prefer this way over a food processer.


Zucchini is full of water so you need to strain that out.  I salt mine just a bit and allow it to sit for a good long time.  Sometimes as much as an hour.  It is good to have something else going at the time so that hour does not seem like forever.


Next, I add a cup of flour.



1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.  I normally shred good parmesan but this was on sale so I took the chance.



My key is using a bit of garlic powder.  I love garlic but some do not.  This is an optional step.  



You can use garlic salt if you wish instead of sea salt or kosher salt.  Add some pepper and an egg.  



Mix this all together.  I wait and see how watery this mix is and if it is still wet I add panko.  Panko is a nice to add for the crisp factor.



If you have a cast iron pan use it to fry them up in.  This makes a huge difference.  Remember this link.



ZUCCHINI FRITTERS

Ingredients
  • 2 to 3 medium zucchinis
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese - shredded
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
  • 2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt divided
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 egg slightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup panko
Directions
  • Shred zucchini
  • Salt zucchini with one teaspoon salt
  • Allow zucchini to drain for up to an hour
  • Squeeze as much juice from zucchini as possible.
  • Add all other ingredients and mix well
  • Not listed in the ingredients add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil in a hot pan
  • Form patties from mix and fry until golden brown.
These are great served with a homemade yogurt or sour cream dip.  We had our friend Jeremy over one night and he loved them.  He could not get enough of them and went back for fifths or maybe sixths.  

ENJOY your Saturday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS