QUICK AND EASY SWEDISH MEATBALLS


I do not know if you have ever had IKEA's Swedish meatballs BUT if you have this is the recipe for you.  If you have not tried it anyway.  It is such a good recipe.  

I have made it several times in the past and I keep on tweaking it to make it taste better.  I am not calling it a copycat recipe because it is not entirely to the same flavor as the ones from IKEA but it is still excellent and lord knows I love meatballs.  

This dish is so great served with egg noodles and a side of green peas.  Well, I love sweet peas but a lot of people do not so you can serve it with any veggie you wish.  

We had friends stop by and I have to apologize I did not get a picture of this plated.  That is because the entire skillet of food kind of disappeared quicker then I thought it would.  I think that is called a winning meal. 


I normally gather my ingredients together first and go from there.  




Combine ground beef with, allspice, nutmeg, garlic powder, parsley, ground black pepper, salt, panko, and egg together. 




Mix well.



Form meatballs and place in a hot skillet with butter and olive oil to brown.




Once browned take out the meatballs and make gravy.  



Add back in the meatballs and allow to simmer.  



SWEDISH MEATBALLS

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice (heaping)
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (heaping)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
  • 1/4 cup panko
  • 1 egg
  • 5 tablespoons butter - divided
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 cup half and half
  • 2 cups beef broth
Directions
  • Combine ground beef with allspice, nutmeg, garlic powder, dried parsley, black pepper, salt, panko, and egg.  
  • Heat a large skillet on medium and add 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
  • Form meatballs and add to hot skillet.
  • Brown meatballs for 8 minutes.
  • Take meatballs out of the skillet and add 4 tablespoons butter with 4 tablespoons flour, allow to brown.
  • Slowly add beef broth and stir well.  Add half and half and combine well.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste and a sprinkle of nutmeg along with dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
  • Place meatballs in the gravy and allow to simmer on low.
We like a bit of heat so I also add some crushed red pepper flakes with some garlic salt.  

Maybe next time I make this I will be able to get a picture of the meatballs plated with egg noodles.  

Making Taco Soup tonight.  Should have the recipe uploaded tomorrow.  So, stay tuned.

ENJOY!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS