COPY CAT SHAKE AND BAKE


I love to make chicken or pork chops with Shake and Bake.  I love the flavor and the crunch factor.  Yeah, when I first started using Shake and Bake it was for convenience sake.  My kids were little and I needed to make a good main dish quickly.  Now that they are adults, I still love this stuff.  Now, Scott is not as thrilled with it as I am but that is OK.  We do not need to have the same tastes. 

Since learning that I can make a lot of the stuff you can buy in a store, I have really taken hold of making my own stuff.  Shake and Bake is one of the many but I think my version has a better taste than the one you can buy at the grocery store.  

Even better about making this is the fact most people that cook with herbs will have everything in their cabinets.  It is simple and easy to make.  You really can not go wrong in making this and having it on hand.  


First, gather all your spices.  


Next just put everything in a bowl.


You a whisk to mix everything together.  Mix it well.


It should look like this.


COPYCAT SHAKE AND BAKE

Ingredients
  • 3 cups breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1 tablespoon sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon dried onion 
  • 3 teaspoons paprika
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper 
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry parsley flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
  • 12 teaspoon dry oregano
Directions
  • Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  
  • Store in an airtight container up to 6 months.
Again you can use this on about any meat.  I like throwing it in a bag and tossing the meat in with it and allow each piece to coat individually.  Here is some pork chops with my homemade Shake and Bake and homemade Ranch mix.


They really turn out awesome.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS