HOMEMADE MULLING SPICES


I love mulling spices in the winter time.  I love the smell and around it can make in your home.  However, I like a good mulling spice that you can use instantly in your cider, juice or wine.  Sometimes, quick is good!  

This is a perfect blend of goodness to add to a cup or a glass.  It really warms you with a hot drink, hot toddy or a mulled glass of wine.  Plus it is so darn simple.  Normally this time of year you will already have the ingredients at hand.  After all Thanksgiving just past but, if you are like me you have a wonderful spice cabinet that you can select from whether it be 100 degrees outside of -10.  Well, not everyone is as silly with spices as I am.  Ask Scott, I am a bit peevish when it comes to my spice cabinet.  I have an entire cabinet dedicated to my spices and I get a bit silly if someone goes in it and messes things up.  I like to be able to go to exactly what I need when I am cooking.  Someone can ask me where something is and I can tell them which shelf and where it is located on that shelf.  Yes, I am a bit OCD.  Hey, it works for me though.  

All you need is nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and some brown sugar.  If you want to kick it up a notch use some dried lemon and orange peel.  I personally prefer it without the dried ground lemon and orange peel but it is a personal preference.  Either way, though, you can not go wrong with this recipe.



INSTANT MULLING SPICES

Ingredients
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
  • Optional 1/2 teaspoon dried ground lemon and orange peel
Directions
  • Mix everything together and place in food processor to and blend.  Store in an airtight container.  Good for up to a year.  
This recipe is by no means limited to beverages.  It would be nice to use on pancakes, spice cake, cookies, etc.

Make up a batch and give as gifts for Christmas.  You could make a pretty basket with some cider, wine, or homemade pancake mix.  Add a jam or jelly too.  

ENJOY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS