OLD FASHION SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER



Peach cobbler was one of my dad's favorite desserts.  When my kids were little and he would come down for dinner (lunch) on Sundays I would try to have something sweet for him.  He loved his sweets after dinner.  

Cobbler is so quick to make and so good.  I love it in the summertime, warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.  You take about good. 

Scott and I have our disagreement on what cobbler is.  I grew up with what I call a Southern cobbler.  He makes something that no one in the South would call a cobbler.


Start with melting one stick of butter.  I do this in the dish I am making the cobbler in as I preheat my oven.  I do need to apologize this was made for a birthday dinner where Scott works.  So it is in a foil pan.


While the butter is melting make your batter.  Add sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt together.


Add milk


Add vanilla and mix together to form a batter.


Pour the batter into your baking dish.



 Add peaches and syrup to the top of the batter.   If you are using fresh peaches you will need to peel, slice and add sugar and allow it to sit to make a light syrup.  Or you can use canned peaches.


Cook in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.  Remember all oven cook differently.  

SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Stick of butter
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1 3/4 of cup sugar-divided
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 3/4 cup of milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
  • 5 to 6 peaches
DIRECTIONS
  • Peel and slice peaches.  Put into a bowl with 3/4 cups of sugar and allow sitting for 3 to 4 hours to form a syrup.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Put a stick of butter into your cooking dish and put into the oven to melt as the oven preheats.
  • Add flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, salt. milk, and vanilla to a bowl and mix together.
  • Take casserole dish from oven and add batter mixture.  Top with peaches. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
  • Cook for 30 to 40 minutes.  
This seriously a tasty dessert that you can have made in a short time. 

ENJOY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS