GARLIC LEMON BUTTER SPICY TILAPIA



It is Lent and for some unknown reason, I always have a hard time coming up with recipes to make for my husband.  No meat on Fridays becomes a challenge for me.  Think about it, doesn't it sometimes feel like you fix the same ole foods all the time?  Kind of like being in a runt.  I guess that is why Lent throws me for a loop.  We eat fish and seafood pretty regularly around our house so I feel like for Lent I need to spice it up some on Fridays.  That is why I came up with this recipe.  

I fix lemon garlic butter stuff all the time.  I mean, is that not like a staple when cooking seafood?  Since we like hot and spicy foods, I thought why not add some hot chili powder to my same ole same ole lemon garlic butter marinate?  I have to say it really kicked up the fish to a higher level of goodness.  

In this recipe I am using red hatch hot chili powder, given to me by a friend around Christmas.  Her grandmother had sent it to her and she gave it to me.  

I juiced a lemon, minced some garlic cloves, and melted some unsalted butter.


Mixed it all together to combine well.



Washed off my tilapia and dried it off and put it on a foiled greased baking pan.


I love Tony's Chachere and here I used the garlic spicy herb.  Just enough to give the fish some salt.




I put a couple of teaspoons of my marinate on top of each fillet and cooked it on 400 degrees for 10 minutes.


GARLIC LEMON BUTTER SPICY TILAPIA

Ingredients

3 tablespoons melted butter
1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere garlic herb
4 tilapia fillets

Directions

Melt butter in a small saucepan.  While butter melts mince garlic cloves.  If using fresh lemon juice squeeze lemon.  Combine first 4 ingredients and mix well.

Wash and dry tilapia.  Place on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle Tony's on the fish fillets.  Add a couple of teaspoons of the marinade to the fish.

Cook at 400 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. 

This really is a nice change from the ordinary garlic lemon butter sauce.  You can use this on anything.  I think it would be wonderful on shrimp.  If you wanna go with some meat, this would be delicious on chicken or even steak.  What about a pork roast?  YUM!!!

ENJOY!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS