MAYONNAISE CRUSTED BAKED FISH


This recipe was shared with me about 10 years ago when I was in Key Largo over July 4th.  The person that gave it to me said she was given the recipe by a chef at an upscale seafood restaurant in Miami.  She actually made it one night when I was there and I was in love with it.  I was totally blown away that mayonnaise is used.  I am not a mayo fan but in this recipe, it makes the topping creamy and delicious.  Adding parmesan cheese give it a salt wonderful flavor that does not come out cheesy.  Sometimes I have been known to carmelize an onion and add that in the mix.

As usual, this recipe is very simple, quick, and easy.  Start with grating some good parmesan cheese and mix that with some mayonnaise. 



Mix it well and then top your fish with the creamy blend.


This recipe I used salmon but I normally use tilapia.  Scott wanted me to use salmon and while I was apprehensive, it turned out delicious on the salmon.

Cook for around 8 to 10 minutes then broil for 3 to 5 minutes until you have a nice brown on top.



MAYONNAiSE CRUSTED BAKED FISH

Ingredients
  • 3 to 6 fish fillets
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/3 cup grated/shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 small onion diced-optional
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  • Dice onion and saute until caramelized.
  • Mix mayonnaise, parmesan, and caramelized onions in a small bowl making a paste.
  • Salt and pepper fish and apply the paste to tops of fish fillets.
  • Cook at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.  If you are using thicker pieces you may need to cook longer.
  • Switch to broil and brown.  Should take 3 to 5 minutes.
Honestly, this is such a nice way of baking fish.  As I said I normally use tilapia but salmon really was a nice change.

You can some Tony's Chachere seasoning for some creole or cajun flavor.  Also, you can substitute salt with garlic salt for a garlic taste.  I have even used some Italian seasoning in the mix.  

ENJOY!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS