THE BEST EVERY BANANA NUT MUFFINS


Making these little gems was a bit of a fluke.  I had some bananas I had bought for my grandson to eat and he did not eat all of them.  Some way they were moved behind something and I did not see them for a few days.  Which was good because they were perfect for making banana nut something.  I normally make banana nut bread with extremely ripe bananas.  My banana nut bread is made with some leftover sourdough starter.  Click here for that recipe. Today I did not want to make bread nor did I want to use my sourdough starter so I went through several recipes that I had been given and a few online as well and came up with a muffin recipe that I thought would be really good.  

When I decided to make muffins I also decided not to add my nuts in the actual muffin but to put them in the topping.  Yeah, I think they are a bit decadent but they were really delicious.  

Since we are not huge on sweets in our household. I sent the majority with Scott to work.  We just would never eat all 12 muffins fast enough.  Now, you can freeze them but Scott was making a Boston Pork butt for work so I thought why not send some dessert to go with the pork.  

I hate I did not think to take pictures as I was putting together these tasty morsels.  I honestly did not think about posting this until Scott got home and everyone was raving about them.  Well, dang it, if they are that good I need to share the recipe with people.  Since you guys are my people here is my recipe.  

Once you have your batter mixed together pour it into a lined muffin pan.  Do not overfill. 


I made a nice crunchy streusel topping.  


Just spoon that on top of each muffin.



Look how pretty they brown up.



THE BEST EVER BANANA NUT STREUSEL MUFFIN

Muffin Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup unbleached self-rising flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3 overripe bananas
  • 1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
Streusel Topping Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line muffin pan.
  • Add dry ingredients, flour and cinnamon into a bowl and mix together.
  • Mash bananas in a bowl, add sugar, egg, vanilla, and melt butter and blend together.
  • Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix till just blended. Pour into prepared muffin pan.
  • Put together your topping by adding all ingredients to a bowl and mix together.  
  • Top each muffin by spooning the mixture over each muffin.
  • Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
  • Take out and allow to cool on a rack.
A couple of hints for making these muffins.

I make my own vanilla which really is so much better than buying stuff in the store.  So this really takes anything I make that calls for vanilla up a notch.  Click here for that recipe.  Vanilla is extremely easy to make and if you decide to make some, I promise that you will not be sorry.

Also with butter, I grate it for this recipe.  It makes it easier to work with.  That was on my first Fun Fact Friday.  

As far as nuts, if you do not like pecans, by all means, use walnuts or even sliced almonds.  Now, if you do not like nuts at all or are allergic of course skip them.  You do not have to use them in the crunchy topping.  They will still be tasty.


ENJOY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS