INSANELY DELICIOUSLY SEARED TUNA STEAKS


This recipe is seriously insanely easy and so very delicious.  I love ordering Seared Ahi Tuna as an appetizer when I go out to dinner but I never will do that again after making this the other day.  It was so economical to make.  I have to say my tuna was frozen.  However, it was wild caught and sushi grade.  


It is so easy to make and does not take many ingredients.  First, make your marinade.  Love this because it is only 2 ingredients.  It is olive oil and soy sauce.  I use reduced sodium soy sauce.


Once you have your marinade mixed together all you do is combine the tuna with it in a bag and allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes but longer if you have the time.  Up to 24 hours.  


We use a lot of cast iron when we cook and this is really perfect for this recipe.  Only thing is you must be careful on heating your cast iron slowly so you do not warp your pan.  Also, the cast iron really retains the heat so you do not have to heat it to a high temperature.  Normally I stop at a 4 on my stove top.  I allowed my pan to heat for quite a while and used a laser gauged gun thingie to see where my temperature was at in my pan.  I let it heat to 400 degrees but I think it could go as low as 350.  Make sure the oil you use can hold up to the heat and not smoke.  Add the oil and then allow it to heat for a minute or 2.  Add your tuna steaks.


You only have to cook each side for 3 to 4 minutes.  


Look how beautiful it turns out.


I also made a sauce to either pour over your tuna or you can use it for a dipping sauce.  It too was incredibly easy to make.  Again only 2 ingredients, reduced sodium soy sauce and wasabi.  I used 3 tablespoons soy and 1 tablespoon wasabi.  Really you can use however much wasabi you wish.  As I always say make your recipes or mine to your taste.  


I chose to pour some of the sauce over my tuna and dipped my pieces into the sauce.  I love the burn of wasabi.  I love that it makes my nose burn and my eyes water.  


SEARED TUNA STEAKS

Ingredients
  • 1 pound sushi grade tuna
  • 4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions
  • Marinate your tuna steaks at least 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
  • Heat skillet to 350 to 400 degrees.  Add some oil to the pan.
  • Cook each tuna steak between 2 and a half minutes to 3 minutes per side.  Two and half minutes should be medium rare and 3 minutes will be medium.
This is so good I could eat it weekly if not more.  The good thing is the fact it is a quick and easy meal to make.  Plus I kind of get my sushi fix without having to go out to dinner.  I am still waiting on my pickled ginger to finish up.  Anything you pickle has to sit for several weeks.  I am thinking the next time I fix this for dinner I will open a jar of my pickled ginger.  Click here that recipe.  

ENJOY your Sunday!!


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for such an informative piece of information :)
    If anyone interested similar one's have a look here
    petreviewz

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS