MARINATED TOMATO AND CUCUMBER SALAD~A SUMMERTIME TREAT


What a great salad to make and super easy to toss together.  I made this for Easter.  I am thinking when my cucumbers and tomatoes are coming in from the garden it will be so much better.  Nothing like fresh garden vegetables to make a recipe even better.  That is why I put A Summertime Treat in the title.  

All you need is some cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.  It is that easy.  Well, of course, you have to slice, dice and mix but otherwise it is that easy.

Making this I used grape tomatoes, English cucumber, and I chose a red onion because for some reason I like them in salads.  The small bite they have enhances this salad.  



The dressing for this salad is so simple.  All you have to do is add some good EVOO and red wine vinegar.  I do not mix it separately, I just add it straight into the bowl with the vegetables.  I like garlic so I add a bit of garlic powder but that is totally optional.  




MARINATED TOMATO AND CUCUMBER SALAD

Ingredients
  • 1 carton of grape tomatoes
  • 1 English cucumber
  • 1 medium red onion 
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 teaspoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions
  • Prepare the dressing by adding olive oil and vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
  • Slice grape tomatoes in half or fourths.
  • Cube cucumber or cut into thin slices.
  • Dice red onion.
  • Put all the vegetables in a bowl and add dressing to the bowl and toss well.  Salt and pepper to taste. 
  • Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.   
This recipe only gets better with time.  If you can allow it to marinate in the fridge for 24 hours you will be able to see how delicious this becomes. 

It really is such a great recipe to have for something light to eat on hot days on steamy hot days.  Or to fix and take to a cookout.  You really can not go wrong in making this. 

Today is Mother's Day.  I wish every Mother out there a wonderful day.

ENJOY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS