MEXICAN ZOODLE BOWL


I love my zoodle addiction.  I love the fact that it is helping me to become healthier and keep my new lifestyle easy.  I am seriously bad to work myself half to death and totally not make time to eat.  I have always been this way.  I like getting my stuff done early in the day so I know that after all is done I have the rest of the day for myself.  However, this is not healthy when it comes to your eating habits.  Especially if you are wanting to change your eating lifestyle.

Making zoodles are super quick and easy.  They are delicious and you can seriously add just about anything per your desire to them.  My love affair with zucchini started years ago and it has not faded any. 

Here are a few of the ingredients.


If you have a spiralizer making zoodles can be done in a snap.  I used one medium zucchini. Make sure you dab the zoodles with a paper towel to remove as much liquid as possible.


Open a jar of black beans and rinse well.  I actually used some Cuban Black beans I had canned a while back. I used 1/4 of a cup.  Make sure you have the drained well.   Zucchini has tons of natural liquid so you do not want to add more.


Once they are drained and dried off add them to your zoodles.  You are basically building and laying this salad.


Cut some corn off the cob.  You can use fresh corn that is not cooked or some steamed fresh corn.  I guess you could even use some frozen corn.  Again make sure you get as much liquid off of the corn before adding it to the top of the zoodle salad.  I only used half of an ear of fresh corn.


Add 1/4 of a cup of cooked taco turkey meat on top of the corn.  Now, you do not have to do this in the order that I happened to do.  It is your zoodle salad to make as you see fit.  By using another protein I double dipped it to boost my protein for the day.  Here is my taco seasoning mix recipe.  At this point pop your bowl in the microwave for a minute or 2.  If you notice too much liquid after you cooked pour or spoon it out.  


Cut about 5 grape tomatoes in half and toss them in. 



Top with 2 tablespoons salsa. You did know that salsa is one of the best ways to top a salad to keep the fat content down?  I used some homemade salsa from last years stash.


I did not add cheese because I was keeping the calorie count as low as possible.  However, cheese is a great addition.  You could even throw a few black olives and jalapenos on top with a dollop of light or fat-free sour cream. 

This is a great way to get your Mexican fix without all the calories. 

Have a great Tuesday folks. 

ENJOY! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS