SHRIMP AND ITALIAN TOMATO ZOODLES


I have really been trying to watch what I eat.  Trying to eat a bit healthier for many different reasons.  As I sit here starving I was racking my brain trying to figure out what I could fix quickly that would be good and also healthy.  I have recently gotten into zoodles.  I mean I love them.   Needless to say my thoughts came straight to what could I make with some zoodles.  When I said I wanted to make something that was quick well this is super duper quick.  Like I had it made in 5 minutes.  Which is not normally something I would do but when I am hungry and I do not want to eat junk I come up with stuff like this to eat. 

I took a medium zucchini and my julienne peeler and made zoodles.  That took like a minute.  I put them in a paper towel lined bowl.  They are notorious for being soggy.  Zucchini has lots of water in them. 



Next, I opened a can of no salt added petite diced Italian tomatoes.  Measured out 1/4 of a cup.

I used 3 oz of extra small shrimp.  They were frozen so it took 1 minute to warm in the microwave. 

What am I at now, like 2 1/2 minutes?  Drain the shrimp and add everything into a bowl with some red pepper flakes and garlic powder.  Microwave for 20 seconds.  You must be careful how long you microwave your zoodles because they can become soggy.  Since I did not drain the tomatoes they will create a bit of juice in the bowl.  Sprinkle with a tablespoon of parmesan cheese and you have lunch.

And like that, I had lunch in under 5 minutes and better yet it was only 154 calories.  

Now if you want to up your game.  Saute some garlic and add fresh tomatoes with some fresh basil and oregano.  Toss in a bit of Himalayan pink salt.  Add some shrimp and your zoodles cook for 1 minute longer and you still have a quick meal, probably under 15 minutes. 

I literally put how to make this above.  If you want the recipe written down please comment and I will come back and post the recipe.  

I made a wonderful GREEK ZOODLE SALAD over the weekend.  I will try to get it up today or tomorrow.  I still need to get the pesto up to.  Oh, that is a thought Pesto Zoodles.  Oh my!!!


ENJOY!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS