AJI LIMON PEPPER JELLY

AJi Limon Pepper Jelly

This is a tasty little gem of a pepper.  I saw them at our local Farmer's Market years ago for less than a dollar a pound.  I decided to buy a few to see how we like it.  I had just got Scott into hot peppers and I thought why not?  
Some people call it a lemon drop pepper due to its citrus flavor which gives this jewel the lemony flavor.  Which in my humble opinion makes this pepper amazing.  What a taste!

This pepper has been dated back to pre-Columbian times.  If you do a bit of research you will be told it is hot or spicy.  While I agree you can not compare it to real hot peppers.  

The lemony flavor is why I love to make pepper jelly out of it.  Out of all the pepper jellies, I make this one is always the biggest hit.   

Start by cutting up your peppers.  I use between 5 to 10 in a jelly.  I know that sounds like a huge difference but it really depends on how hot the peppers are that year.  If you have really dry weather your peppers are going to be hotter than they will be with a wetter growing season.


 
Add vinegar and your peppers along with a box of sure jell in a large non-reactive pot.  Bring to a rolling boil.


Add your sugar 


Then bring it back to a rolling boil for 1 minute.  Add jelly to your sterilized jars.  Place lids on and tighten your rings.  


Waterbath can for 10 minutes in half-pint jars.  Some people do not even do this step due to the extreme heat of the jelly and of course your jars.

I have been making this jelly for a while now and it is so good over cream cheese with crackers.  Or thin chicken breast.  Just add some cream cheese and a bit of this tasty jelly and roll up the chicken and cook.  Yummy.   


Aji Limon Pepper Jelly 

Recipe
3 cups apple cider vinegar
1 pack of sure jell
5 to 10 peppers
5 cups sugar

Directions
Add the first 3 ingredients to a large pot and bring to a rolling boil.  Add sugar and bring it back to a rolling boil for one minute.
Add to sterilized jars.  Place lids and rings on the jars.  Water bath can for 10 minutes in half pints and 15 in pints.

Please note this jelly can use any type of hot pepper you wish to use.  This is just my most requested and popular jelly.  I have used every type of hot pepper that we grow.  Carolina Reaper and ghost peppers are also popular versions.  I just have found the Aji limon to have a wonderful flavor.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS