FACE TONER MADE WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR & ESSENTIAL OILS

With winter always comes dry skin for me and for some reason along the way I forgot that a good toner for your face will help combat dry skin. I had a small bottle of toner that came with an IPSY bag which I started using.  It really is making a huge difference in my daily routine of taking care of my skin.  Since the toner is a sample I knew it would not last but a couple of weeks so I started doing research on which toner to purchase.  In doing so, I learned that I could make a much healthier version of toner for my face that would be natural.  Meaning no harsh chemicals on my already aging and dry skin.  This is so simple I am ashamed I never knew about it before.

First, you need to use a good raw apple cider vinegar with a mother.  We make our own so I knew it was organic and healthy.  Second, you want to use distilled water so you know there are no chemicals.  Next, you need to work on the ratio for your skin.  The more ACV you use the more dry, harsh, and astringent it will be on your skin due to the fact ACV is known to tighten your skin.  From here you can use essential oils to help with various things going on with your skin.  Here is a list of 5 great choices in essential oils for your DIY toner.

Lavender is calming, and relaxing and can be known to help firm skin.
Rose is known to help balance your PH level.
Chamomille is calming. 
Frankincense is anti-inflammatory and can tone your skin.
Tea Tree is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory.  Which makes it get for skin proven to acne. 

This is a wonderful way to make a toner that not only is excellent for your skin but is very economical.  Plus you can make as much as you want or as little as you want.  Just remember this does not have preservatives in it so it will not last a super long time as the toners you can purchase.  But is that not part of the reason for making your own toner to not put a bunch of harsh stuff directly on your skin?

Since you are in charge of how much you make I am going to give you ratios for the water and ACV.  

For drier skin 1 part ACV to 3 parts distilled water.  
For more normal to oily skin 1 part ACV to 2 parts distilled water.

Remember if you are only making a few ounces do not add much a drop or two of essential oils.  You can play with the essential oils.  I like using lavender and frankincense.  

You can also add rose water vs rose oil.  Or even use a bit of witch hazel for easing any irritation or inflammation or glycerin to help tighten your skin.  Just do not use too much of either.  Again remember this is all about your skin.  

I hope to have some pictures up soon.  I lost all of them when I first made this entry.  Which was months ago but I did not publish it due to the lost pictures.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS