I just love some Guac ... as in Guacamole

Guacamole is wonderful.  Well like most things, either you love it or hate it.  No real in between when it comes to this green goddess of goodness.  My daughter does NOT care for it at all.  Anytime we have Mexican she makes sure she orders her dish without guac.  While I, on the other hand, want lots of it.  I actually order whatever I am having around not paying extra for it.  

One spring in the Outer Banks a friend of mine made it fresh.  I have been hooked ever since then.  If you have never made Guacamole you should try it even if you really do not care for the stuff.  Who knows it might just change your mind or should I say taste buds.  Plus it really is super easy to make.  Should I go into the health benefits of this little fruit called an Avacado?  Yes, it is a fruit, not a vegetable.  

All you really need is a ripe avocado, a lime, onion, garlic, and a Roma tomato.  




Juice your lime


Mince half a small onion





Mince a couple clove of garlic



Cut up your tomatoes.  I use Roma because they have fewer seeds and in the offseason when I can just grab one from the garden they tend to have a better flavor.

I like my Guac chunky so I use a fork to cut up my avocado.  
Then add all the ingredients.



Guacamole 
2 Avacodos
1/2 small onion minced
1 to 2 cloves of garlic minced
Roma tomato chopped
Juice of one lime

It really is super easy to make.  Again give it a try, you might enjoy it.  Plus if you have friends over it makes you look like you are an awesome cook.  

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS