Don't Toss Your Lemon Peels ~20 Ways to use them



I love lemons.  I cook with them a lot. They make such great tart desserts.  I love to make lemon curd, lemon squares, lemon cakes, lemon cookies, lemon drop martinis. limoncello, well you get the picture.  The aroma of a lemon is so fresh smelling.   Of course, I look for them on sale since I do not live in an area that is good for growing my own.  You might say I use them quite a bit and therefore have a lot of peels left over.  I hate to waste them so I have found ways to use them instead of tossing them into the trash unless I am deodorizing my trash can.




  1. Lemon zest 
  2. Chop up with your garbage disposal to deodorize
  3. Limoncello
  4. Lemon pepper
  5. Candied lemon peel
  6. Lemon extract
  7. Lemon olive oil
  8. Lemon butter
  9. Helps to keep things hydrated
  10. Help keep brown sugar soft
  11. Lemon cleaner
  12. Trashcan deodorizer
  13. Dishwasher deodorizer
  14. Skin scrub
  15. Sugar Scrub
  16. Softens skin around feet and elbows
  17. Skin Tonic
  18. Lemon water
  19. Lemon ice cubes
  20. Deodorizes and leaves your fridge smelling good

The next time you are using a lemon for whatever reason keep the peels.  You can do so much with them.  Whatever you decide you will can make a divine smelling something that you might have tossed otherwise.  

If you have a favorite use for your lemon peels please comment and let us know how you use your peels.  

Enjoy!!


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS