INSTANT POT COLD START YOGURT ~ 2 WAYS ~ HEAVENLY DIVINE YOGURT






Have I told you how much I LOVE MY INSTANT POT????  Well, I really love it. I mean I really really love it.  You can do so much in it and it is FUN!!!  Michelle, I hope you have used yours by now and I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.  If not call me and I will help you love it as I love mine.

Ever since I got my instant pot I have been toying with the thought of making yogurt but for some unknown reason, I was terrified.  YES, you heard me, I was scared half to death to make yogurt.  Me who loves to cook and has fun doing it was truly scared of making yogurt.  

My friend Mari told me that it was easy and I really should try it.  She makes it all the time.  She actually told me and Tammy about it.  Tammy if I can do it you can do it.  Heck if I did it anyone can do it.  Back to Michelle, your pups need you to make yogurt.  It will help their bellies.

This recipe is too easy.  I read and re-read the recipe so many times trying to figure out why it looks so easy.  I thought I was missing something because it was that easy.

All you need is 3 things, an instant pot, a live culture yogurt and Fa!rlife milk. I used 2% reduce fat fa!rlife.  It is important when you do a cold start no boil yogurt that you use this milk.  It is ultrafiltered which is important because you are not boiling this yogurt.  It is also equally as important that your starter aka yogurt has live cultures.  I used a nonfat Greek yogurt.   




Seriously all you do is dump both ingredients in your instant pot and mix well then close your lid, this is not pressure cooked so you do not have to seal it and you can even use a glass lid.  




After you have mixed your ingredients and closed the lid you set your pot on the yogurt setting.  The longer you "cook" your yogurt the tangier the flavor.  I chose to do mine 9 hours because I want my tangy. 

Once your time is up and your pot has gone to yogt you can open it up.  DO NOT STIR it though.  What you need to do at this point is cover it and place it in the fridge for 8 to 10 hours.  



YOGURT

Ingredients
  • 1 container of Fa!rlife milk
  • 1 Tbsp of yogurt that has live cultures
Directions
  • Combine both ingredients and stir well.
  • Put inner pot into the instant pot, close the lid and select yogurt.
  • Adjust your time frame between 8 and 10 hours.
  • Once your time is up cover and place in the fridge for 8 to 10.  
*Another option when making yogurt is to add a can of sweetened condensed milk with the milk and culture then put it in your IP.  I did this yesterday for my grandson and let it go for 8 hours.  I tried it this morning and it is amazing.  

Some of the things I have read is you MUST use a full-fat whole milk.  This is not true.  

I plan on making granola tomorrow to put in my yogurt. I also will use lemon curd I made a few weeks back.  

Stay tuned to see pictures of the finished product mixed with some more goodies.

ENJOY!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS