QUICK AND SIMPLE WONTON SOUP IN A FLASH


This soup is so amazingly good that when I made it I could hardly wait to post it on here.  Actually, as I am typing this up my bowl is next to me.  You are probably wondering, if it is that good why are you not eating it. Well, goodness gracious it is past good but my soup needed to cool and that gave me time to quickly write up this entry.  I also added the recipe for Pho Broth just a few minutes ago.  Yummy deliciousness in your mouth good.  

Honestly, this soup is so easy and you can probably have it done in about 15 to 20 minutes.  I adjusted my recipe some for what ingredients I already had on hand.  No way was I going out to buy stuff when I had similar ingredients.  Soup really sounded good to me because my allergies are kicking my bum today and I have an awful headache.  For the life of me when I have major allergy issues I can not seem to warm up.  That is why I was trying to figure out a soup that I could make quick with ingredients I had on hand.  


QUICK AND EASY WONTON SOUP

Ingredients
  • 6 Cups Pho Ga Broth
  • 1/2 T sambal oelek - optional
  • Pack of frozen dumplings
  • 2 Cups mushrooms
  • 4 Cups spinach
Directions
  • Bring your pho ga to a boil and add next 3 ingredients
  • Before serving add spinach and allow to wilt

Isn't this recipe easy?  Of course, if you wanted to kick it up a notch you could always make your own wonton dumplings.  

Here is how I adjusted the recipe.  I added an entire tablespoon of sambal oelek to spice it up a bit.  Remember we like it hot around our house. I also did not have wonton dumplings but I did have potstickers.  Yeah, I know a bit different but not that different.  Plus I was out of fresh mushrooms but last year Aldi's had mushrooms on sale and I canned several jars so I used a can of mushrooms.  I also garnished mine with hoisin sauce.  I could have added some fresh spring onions but did not feel like walking to the garden for some.  I guess if you have kale you could sub that out for spinach.  Both of those greens are interchangeable.  Remember if you do not have homemade broth just pick up some from the store.  You could also add chicken or shrimp.  I am positive that would be a tasty addition.


I am pretty proud of my pictures.  They really allow you to see how wonderful the soup is.  Gotta go cause my soup has cooled down.  

Enjoy!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS