YELLOW RICE ~ INSTANT POT METHOD



I had some sweet bell peppers left over from all the apple canning that needed to be used. I just can not waste things.  I love to make Mexican stuffed peppers so that sounded like a plan for the bell peppers to me.  I normally make a Mexican style rice to go with my meat mixture that goes in my stuffed peppers but I decided to do yellow rice this time.  

I love making rice in my pressure cooker.  It comes out so wonderful and does not clump at all!  There is a secret to that.  A pat of butter is the secret.  

I have featured how to cook rice in the instant pot before but I did not think about yellow rice when I made that entry.  

This is so super easy and honestly, once you make rice in your pressure cooker you will never want to do it any other way, and we have a rice cooker.  I NEVER use it anymore.  It just sits in the attic all alone now.  I am sure it is lonely.  

You need a bag of yellow rice.




I decided to toss in the last of the pico de gallo from last night into my pot as well.  




YELLOW RICE 

Ingredients
  • One bag of yellow rice
  • 1 1/4 C of water
  • 1 pat of butter 
  • 4 Tbsp pico de gallo 
Directions
  • Empty the bag of yellow rice into the inner pot, along with the butter, and pico de gallo.  
  • Place on saute mode and saute until the butter is melted.
  • Add your water.
  • Seal your pot and place on manual for 10 minutes.
  • Once your time is up nature release for 10 minutes.
You see how incredibly easy this recipe is?  I love the addition of the pico de gallo.  It gives it a depth that it would not have otherwise.  You could also use some salsa but since I was using this in my stuffed peppers, I had already used a can of black bean and corn salsa.  I did not want more salsa. 

I just love love love my instant pot!!  

ENJOY!!

Comments

  1. Wonderful post! We are linking to this particularly great post on our website. Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS