HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE ROSE WATER ~ JUST A PETAL AWAY


I went to visit my mom yesterday since I am not going to get to see her tomorrow for Mother's Day.  I had such a nice time that I hated when it came time for me to leave.  She has a nice screened in back porch so we were sitting there and I was looking at all her beautiful flowers.  Now you have to know that my mom has a green thumb like no one else.  Her flowers are always so incredibly gorgeous.  She has a rose bush between the porch and her driveway.  I was watching the birds bathe in her birdbath which is right beside of one of her rose bushes.  As we were talking I told her I wanted a rose bush.  I have never had much luck with them though.  For years I have wanted to make something with rose petals and I asked her could I have some of her roses since I do not have a bush of my own.  My mom and I collected 2-gallon ziplock bags full of petals.  


Since Spring has Sprung so many flowers are in full bloom.  They are so pretty.  



My mom asked me just what in the world was I gonna do with rose petals.  I had to laugh a bit.  I told her I wanted to make rose jelly.  She could not believe what I said.  I see so many people that make flower jelly and I have not had any access to violets, dandelions or roses.  Well, I have dandelions in my yard but not enough to make jelly.   Flowers do not weigh a lot and you have to have quite a bit to make anything with them.  Needless to say, those 2 bags of rose petals made me so happy.


When I got home I started looking at what to do with them besides jelly and I had no clue how beneficial rose water could be.  Rose water is almost like nature's secret weapon for your skin.  Did you know Cleopatra used rose water on her skin?  Like so many things I have written about rose water helps balances your pH.  It does not matter what type of skin you have, oily, dry or combination this stuff is amazingly good for you.  I used mine this morning instead of my normal face moisturizer.  Click here for benefits and usages of rosewater.

Rosewater is so easy to make.  All you need is water, rose petals and a pot.  



I used 1 packed cup of petals and 5 cups of water.  Bring it to a boil then back off the heat to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.  I allowed mine to sit overnight to help infuse the water.

ROSEWATER

Ingredients
  • 5 Cups water
  • 1 packed cup of fresh rose petals
Directions
  • Rinse your petal to remove dirt and bugs
  • Measure 1 packed cup of petals and put into a saucepan.
  • Add 5 Cups of water to the saucepan and cover.
  • Bring to boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
  • Allow sitting for 8 to 10 hours.
I hope to make my jelly soon.  I am trying to decide on which recipe to you.  So keep a check for my rose jelly post.   

Update click here for rose jelly recipe.

Happy Saturday

ENJOY!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS