INSTANT POT EGGS ~HOW TO MAKE ~ PLUS BONUS DEVILED EGG RECIPE



One of the first things I made in my Instant Pot was eggs.  I read that they are one of the easiest things to do and it helps you get comfortable using your IP.  I have to admit besides yogurt eggs are incredibly easy.  

This morning between running errands and cleaning house I decided to make deviled eggs and of course I "boiled" my eggs in my IP.  No, the IP does not actually boil your eggs because it is a pressurized cooker.  However, if you want perfect eggs and I mean perfect, use your IP.  If you do not own one, for heaven sakes, go BUY one or two or three.  

When I said incredibly easy, I promise you I mean easy.  All you do is put a cup of water and your trivet into your inner pot.  




Place the eggs on top of the trivet.  Put the top on and make sure it is on seal and set the IP on manual for 5 minutes.  



When you use an instant pot to make boiled eggs they come out perfect.  No overcooking and the yoke as you can see is nice and yellow.  None of that gray, brown or greenish ring around your the yolk.  Plus peeling is amazingly quick and easy.  

For soft boiled eggs (very running)  set on manual for 2 minutes.  When the time is up do a quick release.  Then put into an ice water bath.

Partially cooked eggs (still a bit running) set on 3 minutes and do a quick release when the time is up and put into an ice water bath.

Four minutes with the same process above will yield you almost cooked eggs.

Hard-boiled do the 5-5-5 method.  Which is 5 minutes on manual, 5 minutes natural release, then quick release and 5 minutes in ice water bath.   

Here are my peels from the eggs I did today.  See the large chunk of shells?  That is because they slide right off the egg.




DEVILED EGGS

Ingredients
  • 6-12 eggs 
  • 3 tablespoons mayonaise
  • 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 2 tablespoons relish 
Directions
  • Boil eggs or IP 5-5-5 method. 
  • Once eggs are totally cool, cut them lengthwise.
  • Place the yellow yolk into a bowl.
  • Whip the yellow very well then add all other ingredients and mix together.
  • Divide the mixture back into the white part of the egg.
  • Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.  

I honestly can not stress enough how awesome it is to have an instant pot.  Now, you do not have to have that name brand but having an electric pressure cooker is very handy.  My first one is not that name brand but my 3 quart is an instant pot.  

ENJOY!!

Just noticed this is my 100th post!!!  A milestone, yippee.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS