SWEET GRILLED ONION


Today kicks off Memorial Day weekend.  I hope we will remember just what this holiday is about and why we celebrate it.  Memorial Day is a time to remember and give tribute to our fallen heroes.  The ones who were brave and gave their life that WE might be free.  The love of country and their people they protected and were willing and did die for each one of us.  Let us all celebrate with a thoughtful heart this weekend and give honor where honor is due.  

There will be tons of people cooking out this weekend.  For some reason, this day also kicks off summertime grilling season.  Hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, chicken, steaks, and pork all will be sauced, rubbed and seasoned to perfection.  

BUT what about the vegetables?  My friend Brooke told me about grilling onions.  Not just throw them on the grill or in a basket on the grill, no, believe me, I love onions and this one is a step above the rest.  I made this last night to go with brat burgers.  I do believe for now on every single time I use my grill I will have to do this recipe.  It is seriously that delectable. 

You do not need a lot of ingredients.  Just some butter, onions and beef bullion cubes.




I used sweet onions that I had cut the ends off, peeled and cored.  




... add 1/2 tablespoon of butter cut into cubes into the center and top with a beef bullion cube.




... place another half of tablespoon of butter on top of the bullion and cover with foil.




... grill on medium heat for 40 or more minutes.  




You will know when they are done because they will be soft.  Since I was grilling zucchini and brat burgers I put my onions on the top shelf of my grill.  Mine was on the grill for over an hour. 

SWEET GRILLED ONIONS

Ingredients

  • Sweet onion(s)
  • 1 tablespoon of butter per onion
  • 1 beef bullion cube per onion
  • Foil
Directions
  • Cut ends off onion(s), peel and core.
  • Take 1 tablespoon of butter and cube in fourths per onion.
  • Place half of the butter into the center of the onion
  • Add 1 beef bullion cube on top of the butter and top with remaining butter cubes.
  • Cover with foil.
  • Grill on medium heat for 40 - 60 minutes until softened.


These onions are the best.  You can eat them with your meal or top a burger or dog with them.  I hope you will give this a try if you fire up your grill this weekend.  

ENJOY!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS