MARINATED CUCUMBER TOMATO AND ONION SALAD



I  have said this multiple times so why not say it one more time, I love salads during the summer.  It helps to beat the heat.  How many times are you just too hot to have a hot meal during the summer?  Most of us have been to that point.  Plus who wants to cook after all you are tired because you are hot. Plus who wants to heat up the house?  Not me!!  That is why having salads already made in the fridge is so nice.  When you are hot and tired and you do not want to go through the trouble of cooking a meal, there is nothing like having something cool in the fridge to dine on. 

Saturday, after picking the garden I had so many cucumbers that I needed to do something with.  My small cucumbers I normally pickle but I had a few larger ones that I wanted to make something with so I decided to throw a few ingredients together and make a summer marinated salad for later.  

I have made Greek salad before but I wanted something a bit different with the dressing.  I wanted to use balsamic this time.  

I cut the cucumbers into slices.




Cut grape tomatoes into quarters.



Slice up a purple onion.



Mix everything together in a bowl.



Make your dressing with EVOO and balsamic vinegar.



Pour the dressing into your veggies and mix well.  Add pepper and garlic salt for flavor.



Scott took this to a cookout he went to Saturday evening.  It must have gone over well because none came back.  

If you like this recipe please subscribe and also follow me.  You can follow me by using the drop-down menu on the left-hand side.

ENJOY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS