PARMESAN ZUCCHINI WEDGES



My zucchini has taken over.  For some unknown reason I forget every garden season how it can take over but it only lasts so long.  That means we must make the most of it while we have it in abundance.  

Scott is currently making fritters.  His version which is as delicious as mine.  His are just a bit different with the batter he uses.  I use flour and panko.  Scott just uses flour.  His are also more peppery then mine or it might just be my taste buds are so totally off due to this cold I have.  

While in Texas I was thinking about the zucchini chips I have made and how good they are that they do not last long after cooking them.  I was brainstorming and wanted more of bite to my zucchini.  Meaning I wanted more zucchini in my mouth in hopes that it would last longer.  I came up with the thought of zucchini wedges.  Afterall, we make potato chips, fries and wedges why not make wedges out of some of the zucchini from my garden.  




What is so great about this recipe, is the fact I have all the ingredients on hand.  Which means I do not have to go to the store.  Plus I am baking these little pieces of heaven to make them healthier.  

Cut the zucchini in quarters.



Dip in egg wash.



Dip in parmesan and spices.



Put on a foil-lined baking sheet.



Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.





Take out and allow to cool.



BAKED PARMESAN ZUCCHINI WEDGES

Ingredients

  • Enough zucchini to make 16 pieces or wedges (about 4 small to medium or 2 large)
  • 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • olive oil spray
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Foil line a baking sheet.
  • Slice zucchini into wedges.
  • Combine water and egg to make an egg wash.
  • Combine all other ingredients in a bowl.
  • Dip zucchini wedges into egg wash and then into dry ingredients.
  • Spray each wedge with olive oil.
  • Cook for 15 minutes then put on broil for a couple of minutes to brown.
These are simply delicious.  A bonus benefit is you are baking them so you are not drowning them in oil.

Enjoy!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS