YUMMY CINNAMON ZUCCHINI BREAD ~ A TASTE OF FALL




What do you do when you have a zucchini the size of a watermelon?  Not just one or two, more like four or five.  I guess this happens when one goes away on vacation.  Hey, it all worked out because I made zucchini bread.  I have never made any before this year but now I understand why you make it, it is just dadgum good.  



I was lucky to be given a recipe from a friend.  It was his mom's recipe and she really hit the nail on the head with this recipe.  Everyone that has tried it loves it.  I think the secret is the sour cream.  It helps the recipe to be super moist.  

I like to gather my ingredients together to make things easier.  Below are a few of the ingredients.



I then add my ingredients to a bowl and mix.


I since have started adding my dry and my wet ingredients in separate bowls.  Then add the dry with the wet.  I can not really tell there is a difference in the taste of the bread though.

As far as the zucchini you do not have to peel it or drain it.  Just make sure you have washed it well and shred.  It kind of melts as you cooks and adds a lot of moisture to your bread.  So, do not worry when you see that your batter is a bit thicker then other quick breads you may make.


 Add the walnuts and zucchini last to your batter.


Pour into greased and floured loaf pans.


And bake...





ZUCCHINI BREAD

Ingredients
  • 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of sea salt
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts - optional
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
Directions
  • Combine the first 6 ingredients into a medium-size bowl and whisk together.
  • Combine the eggs, canola oil, vanilla, and sour cream and mix.
  • Add dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and mix but do not over mix.
  • If adding walnuts add along with zucchini and mix.
  • Pour into 2- 8X5 greased and floured loaf pans and make at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.
  • Use a cake tester to determine if cooked by inserting it into the center of the loaf.  
  • Remove when done and allow to cool for 10 minutes then release onto a cooling rack.  
Here is a picture of this recipe with no walnuts.  It is still yummy.


If you are asking how much zucchini to shred to make 2 to 3 cups, it normally is 2 small ones.  I, however, had huge ones so I have been making all kinds of zucchini bread.  The good thing about having too much is you can freeze shredded zucchini and have it for later when you are craving some zucchini bread.

I have other zucchini bread recipes I hope to post today or tomorrow.  Since returning from Texas, I have been sick and have not had the energy to do a lot of work.  I apologize for that but soon you will have a lot of new recipes to try.  

Overall I have to say I think this recipe is a huge hit with all my friends.  Even the children love it.  

Stay tuned for Chocolate Zucchini and Blueberry Lemon Zucchini Bread.  

Happy Monday and ENJOY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS