AJI AMARILLO POWDER


Everyone that recipes my blog, knows I hate waste.  I literally get excited when I come up with a way to save money and have little waste.  So, when we were making Aji Amarillo sauce for pasta and I thought why not keep the skins of the roasted Aji Amarillo peppers and dehydrate them to make a powder, I was giddy with happiness.  It was like a light bulb went off in my head and I was doing the Snoopy dance.  Scott could not understand what I was doing as we were peeling the skins off the roasted peppers.  Once I explained I wanted to experiment with drying the skins and making a powder, as I do with tomato skins to make Tomato Powder, he totally was all in with my idea.  


It really was easy.  I just kept the skins and put them on my dehydrating trays.  I put the temperature on 125 and let it go. 


They turned out nice and crispy.  As you can see in the picture above and below.  Once the skins were good and dry I put them in my spice grinder and made a pretty orangey red powder. 


We dry peppers all the time and make powders so this was only new because I used the skins of the roasted Aji Amarillo peppers verse the entire pepper.  I have to admit the flavor is nicer than I expected.  I love sprinkling a bit of pepper powder into various stews, soups, and even spaghetti sauce.  I love a bit of heat to my food.   

Today we set our clocks back an hour.  This time of year is a bit depressing to me because I really am not a fan of cold weather or shorter days.   Plus my favorite football team, the Steelers won.  Yep they beat the Ravens.  Yay!!!

I hope everyone has had a good Sunday.  

ENJOY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS