YUMMY STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CAKE


I have wanted to make this recipe for years but for some reason I have not.  Probably due to the fact we never really eat sweets around our house.  A few weeks back Aldi had strawberries on sale and I bought a few too many packages.  I hate things to go to waste.  If I had been healthy that thought would not have been on my mind but I had been sick with a couple of colds for about a month and my body was really run down.  We were due to go to a friend's house for the evening so I decided why not make this recipe.  

Hull and wash your strawberries.



Puree your berries and squeeze your lemons.



In a large bowl combine sugar and oil.


I used my stand up mixer but you can use a whisk to combine.



Add vanilla to the sugar mixture.



Crack eggs.




Add eggs to the sugar mixture.




Add the strawberry puree.


Blend well.


Add flour, baking powder, and salt in a smaller bowl and mix together.


Add dry mixture to the wet mixture slowly and blend together.

X
Again I used my stand up mixer to blend together.


Pour into a 9X13 pan and cook at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
Since this was going to a friends house I cooked mine in a foil pan.  Allow to completely cool.

You need to make the frosting.  I make a lemon buttercream frosting.
Make sure your butter is room temperature.  




Cream your butter.


Add powdered sugar, cream, and lemon zest to the creamed butter.



Mix together and you have a wonderful lemony buttery frosting.


I like to make my frosting while the cake bakes.  For some reason in my mind, it needs to sit a while to blend the flavors better.  Frost your cake once it is totally cooled down.  

If you mess up and forget to get out your butter to allow it to come to room temperature you can do this to help with any recipe that calls for room temp butter.  This is one of my secrets when I cook because I am horrible at forgetting this step.

This makes an awesome cake to share with friends or a birthday.  Or heck let us be serious, just because.

ENJOY!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOMATO SOUP (CANNING RECIPE)

COPY CAT ORTEGA TACO SAUCE

HOW TO MAKE CRISPY PICKLED JALAPENOS